Trusts protect your vulnerable beneficiaries. Your Trustees look after the assets for the benefit of the vulnerable person, and can choose when to pay out some or all of the assets to the beneficiary.
A Trust in your Will comes into effect when you die. Or you can create trusts during your lifetime. The type of trust used will depend on what you want to achieve.
What do Trusts do?
- Potentially mitigate care home fees (although this does not work in every case – please contact me if you would like further information)
- Ring fence assets for children from previous relationships
- Provide money for a disabled family member, without affecting their entitlement to benefits
- Protect a wealthy widow or widower from potential predators
- Protect assets where the beneficiary is a spendthrift
- Provide for children under the age of 18
- Ring fence assets for future generations, or to skip a generation
- Allow flexibility as to how your assets are distributed in future
Trust – from £400
The costs of creating a Trust will vary, depending on what you want to achieve.
Want to know more?
I’m here to help. Let’s have a chat and protect your loved ones.
Trusts in Nottingham and surrounding areas
Trusts can be arranged in the comfort of your own home in:
- West Bridgford
- Cropwell Bishop
- Radcliffe on Trent
- Burton Joyce
I cover the whole of Nottinghamshire and beyond so please get in touch if your area isn’t listed.